Returns & Exchanges
Our general policy of exchanges and returns is 30 days from purchase for refund or exchange. This period is extended for Christmas gift items purchased from the 3rd Saturday in October (Wooden Boat Show Weekend) to allow exchanges or store credit until January 8th of the following year. However, we try our best to satisfy every customer’s needs if the item is still in “sellable condition,” so it’s worthwhile to contact us to see if we could still accommodate your requests.
- Items need to be in “sellable condition.” This means, the item should be unworn (aside from trying it on), unwashed, devoid of any stains, scuffs, tears, or mysterious smells, and with the manufacturer tags attached. Can’t be embroidered or had alterations. Sunglasses, watches, etc. need to have the original manufacturer stickers affixed. If you’re returning a pair of shoes or boots, we need the shoe box back, too.
- We need a copy of the receipt. Or if it was purchased by a MingoPerks customer, we may be able to look it up.
- Returns are credited to the original payment method if done with 30 days. We don’t store your credit card information, so you will need to provide the card to be refunded. Returns after 30 days will be done on Store Credit or Gift Card. Purchases with MingoPerks will get credited back to the same account.
- Final Sale Items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- And underwear cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Also, there is no credit for shipping charges.
Our policy tries to follow industry standards, but we realize that these are often dictated by the bigger dogs that operate in a world of systematic processes. We’ve learned that “one size doesn’t always fit all” doesn’t just apply to our backpacker belts. So again, feel free to email or call if you need any questions about a return or exchange.
Warranties & Repair
Black Mingo carries well established brands that have some of the best warranties in the business. Some of our major brands like Filson, Barbour & Blundstone have been around for more than 100 years. Beretta has been around for almost 500 years. And the industry innovators like Patagonia and Simms have been doing their trade for 45 and 38 years respectively. They’ve obviously set themselves apart with the quality of their products, which they firmly stand behind. But sometimes they make mistakes.
Please feel free to contact us about anything defective we’ve sold. Generally, if it was a recent purchase, we’ll try to handle it in the store and provide you an exchange. For older items, it is sometimes easier for you to go directly to the company. But again, please feel free to start with us if something is defective and we’ll help to get it resolved.
Barbour Repairs & Reproofing
We regularly get questions in the store about repairing and reproofing Barbour’s wax jackets. Barbour provides an easy way to give new life to your favorite jacket through their in-house Repair & Reproofing Service located in Winston Salem, NC. Barbour has specially constructed tables that warm the jackets and experienced personnel that is impossible to replicate in your kitchen. We’ve sent back 20+ year old Beauforts that come back looking brand new. The reproofing service is $35.00, which you can’t beat! Follow this link to learn more about their repairs & reproofing services.